Dynamics CRM Connector 1.1 Contact sync issue

Hi,

I have recently installed the Dynamics CRM Connector 1.1 and am trying to sync contacts to my Sitecore xDB but not having any luck.

I believe I have it configured correctly following: http://integrationsdn.sitecore.net/DynamicsCrmConnect/v1.1/getting-started/index.html 

When testing the connection I get "A connection was established with Dynamics CRM." So that seems to be fine, but when ever I run the "CRM Contacts to xDB Sync Pipeline Batch" I just get the following messages in the box:

9/19/2016 3:03:17 AM INFO Condition added to read entities modified on or after 9/19/2016 3:00:01 AM. (pipeline step: Read CRM Contacts, entity: contact)
9/19/2016 3:03:17 AM INFO Entities were read from Dynamics CRM. (pipeline step: Read CRM Contacts, endpoint: Dynamics CRM Entity Endpoint, entity: contact)
9/19/2016 3:03:17 AM INFO 0 elements were iterated. (pipeline: Read CRM Contacts Pipeline, pipeline step: Iterate CRM Contacts and Run Pipelines)
9/19/2016 3:03:17 AM DEBUG Pipeline processor finished processessing pipeline steps. (pipeline: Read CRM Contacts Pipeline, completed pipeline steps: 3)
9/19/2016 3:03:17 AM DEBUG Pipeline processor finished processessing pipeline steps. (pipeline: Process Contacts in Queue Pipeline, completed pipeline steps: 1)

The logs also hold very little information as to why there is nothing being synced:

ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO Job started: CRM Contacts to xDB Sync Pipeline Batch
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO [Data Exchange] Pipeline batch started. (pipeline batch: CRM Contacts to xDB Sync Pipeline Batch, pipeline batch id: 4314b562-9846-4a6f-9772-85667cad822e)
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO Ignoring update of ItemID on Item {4314B562-9846-4A6F-9772-85667CAD822E}
ManagedPoolThread #15 13:07:01 INFO Job started: Index_Update_IndexName=sitecore_master_index
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO [Data Exchange] Condition added to read entities modified on or after 9/19/2016 3:03:17 AM. (pipeline step: Read CRM Contacts, entity: contact)
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO [Data Exchange] Entities were read from Dynamics CRM. (pipeline step: Read CRM Contacts, endpoint: Dynamics CRM Entity Endpoint, entity: contact)
ManagedPoolThread #15 13:07:01 INFO Job ended: Index_Update_IndexName=sitecore_master_index (units processed: )
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO [Data Exchange] 0 elements were iterated. (pipeline: Read CRM Contacts Pipeline, pipeline step: Iterate CRM Contacts and Run Pipelines)
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO Ignoring update of ItemID on Item {4314B562-9846-4A6F-9772-85667CAD822E}
ManagedPoolThread #8 13:07:01 INFO Job started: Index_Update_IndexName=sitecore_master_index
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO [Data Exchange] Pipeline batch finished. (pipeline batch: CRM Contacts to xDB Sync Pipeline Batch, pipeline batch id: 4314b562-9846-4a6f-9772-85667cad822e, duration: 140 ms)
ManagedPoolThread #14 13:07:01 INFO Job ended: CRM Contacts to xDB Sync Pipeline Batch (units processed: )
ManagedPoolThread #8 13:07:02 INFO Job ended: Index_Update_IndexName=sitecore_master_index (units processed: )
ManagedPoolThread #0 13:07:05 INFO Starting update of index for the database 'master' (1 pending).
ManagedPoolThread #0 13:07:05 INFO Update of index for the database 'master' done.

There is 2 contacts in my CRM which I think should be syncing which arent. I am wondering if a property needs to be set on them to have them syncable?

Cheers,

• According to the log above, only contacts that were changed after 9/19/2016 3:00:01 AM (UTC) will be synchronized. Are you sure the 2 contacts you expect to see fit that criteria?

Assuming this is the problem, there are several solutions:

OPTION 1. Reset the date the pipeline batch was last run

1. In Content Editor, select your tenant under sitecore > System > Data Exchange.
    2. Under the tenant, navigate to Pipeline Batches > CRM Contacts to xDB Sync Pipeline Batch.
    3. Clear the value from the field Requested at.

See option 2 for more information on why this fixes the problem.

OPTION 2. Change the component that determines only contacts that were changed after the last time the pipeline batch was run

This option will still only sync contacts that have changed, but it gives you a little more "wiggle room".

1. In Content Editor, select your tenant under sitecore > System > Data Exchange.
    2. Under the tenant, navigate to Pipelines > CRM Contact Pipelines > Read CRM Contacts Pipeline > Set Use Delta Settings.
    3. The fields in the section Offset allow you to configure the date used in the filter used when reading contacts. The default settings indicate that only contacts that were changed on or after the date the pipeline batch was last started should be read.

More information on how to configure these settings is available at integrationsdn.sitecore.net/.../set-use-delta-settings.html.

OPTION 3. Disable the logic that only syncs contacts that have changed

This option will completely disable the logic, meaning that ALL active contacts will be synchronized every time the pipeline is run.

1. In Content Editor, select your tenant under sitecore > System > Data Exchange.
    2. Under the tenant, navigate to Pipelines > CRM Contact Pipelines > Read CRM Contacts Pipeline > Read CRM Contacts.
    3. Tick the field Exclude delta settings.

More information on this setting is available at integrationsdn.sitecore.net/.../read-entities.html.

• Make sure that the Dynamics CRM provider package is the LAST package you install. This situation can occur if you install the packages in the wrong order.

If you did install the packages in the wrong order, you can reinstall the Dynamics CRM package. Be sure to overwrite all existing Sitecore items.

You also need to re-create your tenant (meaning, delete the existing tenant and create a new one).