• Not Answered

Combining server roles

Hi,

I am trying to merge xDB Processing service and xDB Reporting service into Content Delivery server for our UAT environment. So first I deployed the scaled topology using Azure ARM templates and then to merge xDB Processing service and xDB Reporting service into Content Delivery server, I specified the role as:

<add key="role:define" value="ContentDelivery,Processing,Reporting" /> in the /web.config file of Content Delivery.

Then added the following in the connectionString of Content Delivery server

<add name="master" connectionString="Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Data Source=sitecoreuat-sql.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=sitecoreuat-master-db;" />
<add name="reporting" connectionString="Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Data Source=sitecoreuat-sql.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=sitecoreuat-reporting-db;" />
<add name="reporting.apikey" connectionString="abcdefghijklhhmnopqrstgggguvwsyx123456789" />
<add name="xdb.processing.tasks" connectionString="Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Data Source=sitecoreuat-sql.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=sitecoreuat-tasks-db;" />
<add name="xdb.processing.pools" connectionString="Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Data Source=sitecoreuat-sql.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=sitecoreuat-pools-db;" />
<add name="xdb.referencedata" connectionString="Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Data Source=sitecoreuat-sql.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=sitecoreuat-refdata-db;" />

Is this the correct way of merging or is there anything else that needs to be done.

2 Replies

• That looks sufficient but don't you mean to connect to the web database, not master in the first line?
  • >> I am trying to merge xDB Processing service and xDB Reporting service into Content Delivery server for our UAT environment.
    That's is bad idea. If something goes wrong with Processing or Reporting, it will affect your Content Delivery. Moreover, Sitecore doesn't really support combined roles, because of collisions in the configuration files.