Is there a Sitecore Express Migration tool for 9.2?

The compatibility table states that at the moment the express migration tool is not compatible with Sitecore 9.1 or 9.2. Does anyone know of a timeline or if this will ever exist?

 

Compatibility Table:

https://kb.sitecore.net/articles/400952

 

It's been almost a year since 9.1 was released. Similar post here (https://community.sitecore.net/developers/f/5/t/10042)

  • Hi,

    Sitecore Express migration tool is best for migration From 8.1 or below version to 9.0 initial version than upgrade the 9.0 to 9.2 sequentially script provided by Sitecore and update center.

    Br/
    Vikas
  • In reply to Vikas Chauhan:

    Just to be clear here. You are suggesting we:

    1. Use the Express Migration Tool to migrate from 8.2 to 9.0 initial version

    2. Use upgrade file to migrate from 9.0 to 9.2

    Is that correct?



    In short, we are attempting to upgrade from Version 8.2 Update 6 to version 9.2 CMS only. It would be great if we could just migrate our master/web/core DBs data into a fresh version 9.2 setup.

    Any suggestion on a way to approach this? Any other tools you are aware of?

  • In reply to Brian Sanger:

    What was your approach or experience of migration directly from 8.2 to 9.2 ?
  • In reply to Syed Ahsan Jaffri:

    Sorry for the delay. I got put on another project but now I'm back to it. The fact that Sitecore docs exist for upgrading from versions 8.1.0-9.0.1 to 9.2 (or now 9.3), led me to believe that was an ok course of action.

    What I've done and where I'm at now. I am not condoning these steps as the correct process, just what I was able to build off of based on other resources online.
    1. Upgraded my existing 8.2 DBs using the 9.3 upgrade package on my 8.2 instance.
    2. Stood up a 9.3 CMS-only instance
    3. Pointed the conn string configs to my upgraded 8.2 DBs. At this point the Sitecore UI loads up and I see the content editor with all my items. Sure nothing is functional or able to be published, but at least it's something.
    4. Analyzed and reorganized the config files. 8.2 to 9.3 has some good reorganization of these files based off layer changes. UI still running fine after these adjustments.
    5. Pulled down our solution and upgraded the dlls to 9.3. Did a ton of compares on the config files to better understand changes and customizations my team has made over time.
    6. Sorted out build errors.
    7. (Im stuck here) - working through a rabbit hole of runtime errors based on many factors. I've gotten past some of the more significant ones like using the Solr instead of Lucene and disabling features we don't use.


    This has truly been a terrible experience. I have less than 1 year of experience with Sitecore and I'm the only developer working on this upgrade. We have 5 sites and I fear this will be the end of me.