Sitecore 9.1 Installation - running Solr as a windows service

Hi guys,

According to the Sc 9.1 installation guide, we must run Solr as the windows service, so that the SIF can stop/start the service during the installation. The compatible Solr version is 7.2.1.

I am having an issue with the Solr service could not be stopped. I am using NSSM (Not Sucking Service Manager) to create the service. It worked perfectly for my Sc9.0 installation which is using Solr 6.6.1. However it's not working for Solr 7.2.1. The service created via NSSM can be started, however when i tried to stop it from windows services window, it gave me the following error:

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

The output log ended with this line: 2019-02-20 03:08:30.551: Terminate batch job (Y/N)? 

There is no "official" instruction of how to run Solr 7.2.1 as a windows service from both Solr website and Sitecore website. Has anyone managed Sc 9.1 installation successfully? How did you run Solr as a windows service?

Cheers,

• In reply to Peng Song:

OK, after tried almost every configuration in NSSM, i found my cure....
    I had set the Output(stdout) to check the logs....after I removed the Output entry in NSSM, the service can be stopped correctly....
    Guess stdout is capturing all the output including waiting for user to enter "terminate batch job (y/n)" command...which caused the stop service hanged.