• Not Answered

TDS error with sitecore 9.3

Hi,

I have existing code base with sitecore 8.1 and TDS.

I am trying to point existing TDS with new sitecore 9.3 instance. 

at the build tab in tds project properties, i set up sitecore deploy folder,  sitecore web url  and checked the install sitecore connector.. I am getting below error

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Sitecore.Data.Serialization.ItemReference..ctor(Sitecore.Data.Items.Item)'.
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.Service.TdsService.<>c__DisplayClass2.<GetItem>b__0()
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.Service.TDSExecutionContext.Wrap[T](Func`1 func)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.Service.TdsService.GetItem(String key, String sitecoreDatabase, String accessGuid, String itemIdOrPath)

Please suggest how to solve it

1 Reply

• Hey there. Found your post when i come across the same issue and was trying to avoid having to upgrade TDS. I wanted to do this as i was working on an upgrade and wanting to make sure i could sync with 8.2 and 9.3. Others might want to avoid upgrading due to license limitations (not sure if this applies as my license is up-to-date).

Anyway i tried to work around having to upgrade but was getting messy. I download the latest version and grabbed from the Nuget package the DLL "HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.Service.dll". I dropped that in the root of the website but TDS compares the version of the Visual Studio client and the deployed service dll. It then doesn't allow you to sync without installing the connector which for me would install the old version. I stopped here and didn't go further down the rabbit hole.

So the fix is to install TDS version 6.0.012 or greater.

You can see here www.teamdevelopmentforsitecore.com/.../TDS-Classic that release 6.0.0.12 fixed the breaking change in the Sitecore API for serialization.

Hope this helps you or anyone else who stumbles across this issue.