Cannot send email via WFFM.

Hi All,

Current, i am using WFFM to sending email. I config both in web.config and action in sitecore follow this articles:

http://intothecore.cassidy.dk/2012/05/email-confusion-configuring-smtp.html

After submit in my page, it can be go to thank you page. But i cannot see any email.

Anywhere else i need to config too?

Thanks for support.

• just to confirm, do you have "send email" Save action in your WFFM form added ?
    If yes, i would recommend to use smtp4dev tools to try it out in your local environment first. just set the hostname/smtphost to "localhost" and port to "25"
    and try to submit a form again locally..
  • In reply to Chaturanga Ranatunga:

Yes, i have "send email" action in my local. This is work on my local. But when i seperate to CD and CM server i got this issue.
    Cannot sending email in CD server
  • In reply to Tien Tran:

Hi Tien,

We have faced the similar issue. Please check the "Parameter" field in "/sitecore/system/Modules/Web Forms for Marketers/Settings/Actions/Save Actions/Send Email Message" mentioned path.

You have to update the host entry in parameter field.
    <Host>xyz.abc.com</Host><From>xxx.yy@zzz.com</From><IsBodyHtml>true</IsBodyHtml>

Apart from this you have to verify the log and check whether are you getting any SSL/TSL issue in you logs. If it yes, then you have to upgrade your server with latest (1.2 but not sure) SSL certificate.

It would be great to share your logs after submitting the forms to get the actual root cause.

Regards,
    Trilok
  • Also you should not be in preview mode to test the WFFM e-mail action. The e-mail is only sent if your in live mode.
  • In reply to Trilokgiri Deogiri Bodle:

Hi Trilokgiri,

Thanks for your reply.
    I had configed "Paramater" field in sitecore already and it worked in my develop envirorment.
    But when i deploy all source to CD and CM server then i get this issue. Did i miss some config step for CD server?

In log file of CD server i see some error like:

ERROR Error loading Sitecore version information: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AspireCD\Website\sitecore\shell\sitecore.version.xml
    Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    Message: Could not find file 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AspireCD\Website\sitecore\shell\sitecore.version.xml'.
    Source: mscorlib
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
    at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
    at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReader reader, XmlSpace space)
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri, XmlSpace space)
    at Sitecore.Configuration.About.GetVersionData()

ERROR Failed to precompile SPEAK views.
    Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
    Message: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AspireCD\Website\sitecore\shell\client\Applications\ContentTesting'.
    Source: mscorlib
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at Sitecore.Pipelines.Initialize.PrecompileSpeakViews.GetViewFiles(String rootPath, String path)
    at Sitecore.Pipelines.Initialize.PrecompileSpeakViews.GetAllViewFiles(String rootPath)
    at Sitecore.Pipelines.Initialize.PrecompileSpeakViews.Precompile(String rootPath)

ERROR Cannot start analytics Tracker
    Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Wurfl, Version=1.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=816aeec277aa13b9' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Source: AspireLifestyles.Web
    at AspireLifestyles.Web.Infrastructure.Pipelines.OverrideIPAddress.Process(StartTrackingArgs args)
    at (Object , Object[] )
    at Sitecore.Pipelines.CorePipeline.Run(PipelineArgs args)
    at Sitecore.Analytics.DefaultTracker.StartTracking()

Did them relate to my issue ?

Regrads,

Tien Tran
  • In reply to Tien Tran:

in that case, as mention, Please check the CD server error logs and post the error..
  • In reply to Tien Tran:

these are not directly related to the error..
    But, seems like you are missing some default files when deplying to CD, which you might need to solve

please try to search "wffm" text in the error log file and try to find relevant issue..
  • In reply to Chaturanga Ranatunga:

Hi Chaturanga,

Seem not have any issue in log file relate to WFFM.
    After submit, i can reach Thank-you page, it mean save action is successful right?

In Sitecore, i set up action like:

<Host>smtp.gmail.com</Host><Port>587</Port><Login>noreply.3si.vn@gmail.com</Login><Password>******</Password><IsBodyHtml>true</IsBodyHtml><enableSSL>true</enableSSL>

In web.config of both CD and CM i config like:

<!-- MAIL SERVER
    SMTP server used for sending mails by the Sitecore server
    Is used by MainUtil.SendMail()
    Default value: ""
    -->
    <setting name="MailServer" value="smtp.gmail.com" />
    <!-- MAIL SERVER USER
    If the SMTP server requires login, enter the user name in this setting
    -->
    <setting name="MailServerUserName" value="noreply.3si.vn@gmail.com" />
    <!-- MAIL SERVER PASSWORD
    If the SMTP server requires login, enter the password in this setting
    -->
    <setting name="MailServerPassword" value="Congty3s" />
    <!-- MAIL SERVER PORT
    If the SMTP server requires a custom port number, enter the value in this setting.
    The default value is: 25
    -->
    <setting name="MailServerPort" value="587" />

I tested and can log to gmail using this account too.

Regrads,

Tien Tran
  • In reply to Tien Tran:

Hi Tien,

Please remove the below mentioned setting from "Sitecore.Forms.Config" from all CD instance.

<setting name="WFM.IsRemoteActions" value="true" />

we have also added this setting as per sitecore documents but after adding this line on CD instance, mail won't trigger. You have to remove this setting from "Sitecore.Forms.Config". Making value as "false" won't fix the issue.

Regards,
    Trilok

What is the significance of this setting? Sitecore documentation says to put this settings on al lthe CD server.

Hi Trilokgiri,

I can sending email now. Thanks a lots

Regards,

Tien Tran