Sitecore 7 & Solr, timeout when rebuilding

Hello there,

I'm experimenting a strange behaviour today with Sitecore 7.2 and Solr. When I try to rebuild an index with more than 200 000 items, I'm getting a timeout. Is it normal ?

Any advise.

Thank you in advance,

Samy.

• Hi,

Maybe this a RAM issue when Solr try to optimise your index .

Best regards,
    Chris
  • Is this timeout issue you see in logs as an error or is it only displaying in sitecore GUI only ?
  • Hello Samy,

We have run into the same issue with Sitecore 7.2 and Solr. The issue occurs in the "optimizing" stage of index rebuild. We worked with Sitecore Support and they provided us a patch for the same (issue #405677). This fix is dependent on the IoC library you are using. The patch we got from Sitecore was for Castle Windsow IoC library.

You may want to reach out to Sitecore Support and get a patch.

• In reply to Jinto Varghese:

Hello Jinto,

Thank for your answer, I have search in the sitecore helpdesk website for the issue 405677, unfortunatly I can't find the issues. In fact I can't find any issues, only two issues appear.

Can you provide me a link to the issue please ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Samy.

• In reply to Samy Delahaye:

Samy - I don't think you will see support issues from other partner in your issues list. You will see only your issues. This is a patch that was provided specifically for our implementation about a month back. I don't think it would have found its way into a KB article yet. So you may have to reach out to Sitecore Support quoting this issue number.