I want to schedule a page to publish automatically at a later date. Is this possible, if so how?

I have tried using "Change" to set a future time to publish, but it didn't work. 

• In Sitecore, today does not fall within valid date range.

So if todays date is 4/14/2017 and if you want to publish for future date (for example: 4/15/2017) then in publish setting you need to set the time as 4/14/2017 11:59 PM and on 4/15/2017 12:01 AM publish that item manually so it will go in web database.

I understand you don't want do it late night, so to avoid this you need to create auto publish utility which will run in scheduler. In sitecore marketplace you will get that utility. If I am not wrong then the name of that utility is 'Sitecron'.

Hope this helps.
  • You need two things to accomplish this:
    - first set the publish dates as you want for your item (and parent items if needed)
    - enable the autopublisher

The autopublisher is an agent that is disabled by default. You will find it in the config:

<agent type="Sitecore.Tasks.PublishAgent" method="Run" interval="00:00:00">
    <param desc="source database">master</param>
    <param desc="target database">web</param>
    <param desc="mode (full or smart or incremental)">incremental</param>
    <param desc="languages">en, da</param>
    </agent>

Patch the values to set it as you need. You need to change the interval (00:00:00 is disabled) to your needs (also take into account the scheduling frequency) and set the languages.

This agent will perform an incremental publish at the defined interval - don't do it too frequent as it might have a performance hit (cache clear) - and (un)publish the items that have passed their publish dates.
  • Hello.. What if I want to schedule the publish to be to both web and pub databases?

Thank you
  • In reply to Joan Elaydi:

Perhaps you can use the Hedgehog scheduled publish marketplace.sitecore.net/.../Sitecore_Scheduled_Publish.aspx
    this is intend to use by content editors,

and by the more technical agent configuration, you can add multiple agent. or have you try to add more databases to the target database param?