Hi, I am using Sitecore.NET 9.0.1 (rev. 171219) and seeing a strange issue with the alert in the content editor. It doesn't show the correct alert when the editor doesn't have write access to a workflow state.
I am seeing this alert message "You cannot edit this item because you do not have write access to it.", but the correct one I want to see is "You cannot edit this item because it is in a workflow state that you do not have write access to.". Currently, I am seeing this strange behavior in Sitecore:
- browser 1 admin account: give editor write access
- browser 2 editor account: go to the page item, no alert
- browser 1 admin account: revoke editor write access
- browser 2 editor account: refresh browser and the correct alert is shown
- browser 2 editor account: log out and log back in again, go to the page item and the wrong alert is shown
I don't know why this is happening, the inconsistency makes me cringe. can anyone help me understand how to get the correct alert shown consistently or at least give some pointers on how I should Investigate?