• Not Answered

The layout for the requested document was not found

I've done multiple installs and each time I get the same issue after a short time using the site. This is coming up on a recent Habitat installation for my home page node. Yet I can view it in the preview view. 

I've given it a presentation layer via Presentation > layout > details > edit > Sample Layout

The Sample Layout.aspx file is in the correct folder and is visible, yet it's still giving me this error. 

Done many publish's, including each layout used, the node item for the home, the default device in settings. 

Most likely causes:

• The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) may have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

What you can try:

Additional Information:

Requested URL: /
Requested Layout: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Requested Device: Default

1 Reply

• Hi

1) Please check is there any security restriction on your home node . Go to web database --> content editor and click on Home node --> click on security tab --> click access viewer and see the home node is assign to default\Anonymous

2) Check in Web database Home node --> click presentation details -> final layout --> there is any layout path is properly navigate to Layouts/Sample Layout .

3)See in your log while loading home page in CD there is any error is showing or not .

4) Recheck your connection string for core, web db are they pointing to correct DB ? Check while publishing to web is there any workflow stage is applied before publish an item .