• Not Answered

Unable to Connect TDS to Sitecore 9.1 instance

I am trying to connect TDS project to my new Sitecore 9.1 instance for sync, but it is failing at the last step (Test connection to Sitecore)

Below is the error detail, any idea what I am missing here. Appreciate any input.

Sitecore Version: 9.1

TDS: 5.5.0.20

----------------------------------

Connection Test Failure: Failed to complete test.
Exception System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Could not load type 'Sitecore.Data.Proxies.ProxyDisabler' from assembly 'Sitecore.Kernel, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Sitecore.Data.Proxies.ProxyDisabler' from assembly 'Sitecore.Kernel, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.Service.TDSExecutionContext.Wrap[​](Func`1 func)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.Service.TdsService.GetItem(String key, String sitecoreDatabase, String accessGuid, String itemIdOrPath)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.Service.TdsService.GetItem(String key, String sitecoreDatabase, String accessGuid, String itemIdOrPath) (FaultException):

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.SitecoreConnector.TdsServiceSoap.GetItem(GetItemRequest request)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.SitecoreConnector.TdsServiceSoapClient.HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.SitecoreConnector.TdsServiceSoap.GetItem(GetItemRequest request)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.SitecoreConnector.TdsServiceSoapClient.GetItem(String key, String sitecoreDatabase, String accessGuid, String itemIdOrPath)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.ProjectTests.ConnectionTest.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Execute>b__0(String key)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.Utils.Support.CallServiceWrapper[T](TdsServiceSoapClient client, SitecoreProjectNode project, Func`2 clientCall)
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.ProjectTests.ConnectionTest.Execute()
at HedgehogDevelopment.SitecoreProject.VSIP.Dialogs.BuildTestDialog.RunTests()
Connection Test Finish: 2019-04-26 03:44:28

-----------------------------------

Thanks, Sharath

2 Replies

• I'm looking for the solution to this exact same error.

• In reply to CALVIN BOWENS:

Have you attempted to use a newer version of TDS? It looks like you have TDS 5.5, which really predates Sitecore 9.1 (by 2 years). The DLLs and classes have likely been restructured since TDS 5.5 was released.

You probably want a more recent version released after 9.1 was released. I'm going to crosspost a link to this thread into the #TDS channel on Slack so that the Hedgehog team sees it and can specify which version introduced 9.1 support.