CMS error when editing an user

I'm able to create users, assign roles, etc But once the user is created I cannot edit it. If I want to change its member's roles what I have been doing is to create a new user and remove the old. see screenshot below with the error message.

Any idea will be appreciated.

• In reply to Oscar Giraldo:

Hi Oscar,

You can also override "GetRolesForUser". Also, make sure you edit the config file to replace

<add name="sitecore" type="Sitecore.Security.SitecoreRoleProvider, Sitecore.Kernel" realProviderName="switcher" raiseEvents="true" />

with

<add name="sitecore" type="[your namespace.classname, your assembly]" realProviderName="switcher" raiseEvents="true" />

Remember, you can also rename the role to include the domain you need. I do not have any such issues and not able to reproduce your issue, but just trying to help if it works for you.

Thanks
  • In reply to Debabrata Biswas:

Thanks again Debabrata,

I'm still experiencing the same issue but for now I have set [ignoredUserDomains="sitecore"] on below line, and that basically allows me to ignore the custom role provider when editing sitecore users.

<provider providerName="FormsRoleProvider" storeFullNames="true" wildcard="%" domains="extranet" ignoredUserDomains="" allowedUserDomains="" />

Oscar