Sitecore 8 - Standard values presentation details are not inherited.

I'm currently busy with a project on Sitecore 8.0.4 and I have the following data template structure:

Template A:

- Standard values of Template A. ( Defined a layout and a rendering on the presentation details ).

Template B ( Inherits from Template A ):

- Standard values of template B. ( No layout / rendering on the presentation details. )

So in the previous versions of Sitecore, the standard values of Template B would have the same presentation details as Template A. I did notice insert options from standard values template A were also applied on standard values template B, so the inheritance somewhat works but not for presentation details. Is this a bug in Sitecore 8 ? Or is this now the expected behaviour because of the change of Shared Layouts?

• Bump.

I am experiencing the same problem right now. Using Sitecore 8 Update 4 right now.

Below are a few more observations:

• I have a Template A as well, and I place presentation details on the shared layout as from doc.sitecore.net/.../versioned%20layouts, I understand it as you would want to put it on the shared layout
    • In Template B, even though you see nothing in the layout, when you check the raw values, it has inherited the presentation details from Template A's shared layout and that's also populated in Template B's shared rendering field. I'm guessing this is a bug if it's not showing in the UI?
    • If you now create a new page based on Template B, the presentation details DOES show for that new page.
    • As soon as I add anything to the final layout for Template B, it wipes both shared and final rendering field clean.
    • The page I created earlier will also have all presentation details wiped clean
  • Bump.

I am experiencing the same problem right now. Using Sitecore 8 Update 4 right now.

Below are a few more observations:

- I have a Template A as well, and I place presentation details on the shared layout as from doc.sitecore.net/.../versioned%20layouts, I understand it as you would want to put it on the shared layout
    - In Template B, even though you see nothing in the layout, when you check the raw values, it has inherited the presentation details from Template A's shared layout and that's also populated in Template B's shared rendering field. I'm guessing this is a bug if it's not showing in the UI?
    - If you now create a new page based on Template B, the presentation details DOES show for that new page.
    - As soon as I add anything to the final layout for Template B, it wipes both shared and final rendering field clean.
    - The page I created earlier will also have all presentation details wiped clean
  • In reply to Angel Chuang:

This is a known bug in Sitecore 8 update 4 & 5. The public reference number is 442036. Contact support and they have a patch fix that has worked for me. Credit to for giving me the info on the Slack Sitecore Chat!

• I did just reply but my post got lost for some reason.... wierd. Anyway

This is a known bug in Sitecore 8 update 4 & 5. The public reference number is 442036 if you want to get the hotfix from Sitecore Support. Credit to Kevin Williams for giving me the info on the Sitecore Slack channel.
  • SItecore Knowledge Base has an fix for the issue : kb.sitecore.net/.../649914

• Knowledge base has a patch available for this issue kb.sitecore.net/.../649914
  • In reply to Sheetal Jain:

So this wasn't fixed in 8.1 initial release?