Error occurred when installing package using installation wizard

Hello Team,

We have configured sitecore8.1 in windows server 2012, my issue is when i installing package using installing wizard it throwing below error.

One or more exceptions occurred while processing the subscribers to the 'packageinstall:ended' event.

 


 

 

error log - 

Server Error in '/' Application.


One or more exceptions occurred while processing the subscribers to the 'packageinstall:ended' event.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.AggregateException: One or more exceptions occurred while processing the subscribers to the 'packageinstall:ended' event.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.


Stack Trace: 

[AggregateException: One or more exceptions occurred while processing the subscribers to the 'packageinstall:ended' event.]
   Sitecore.Events.EventSubscribers.RaiseEvent(String eventName, Object[] parameters, EventResult result) +1921
   Sitecore.Events.Event.RaiseEvent(String eventName, Object[] parameters) +354
   Sitecore.Shell.Applications.Install.Dialogs.InstallPackage.InstallPackageForm.GotoLastPage(Result result, String shortDescription, String fullDescription) +373
   Sitecore.Shell.Applications.Install.Dialogs.InstallPackage.InstallPackageForm.OnInstallerFailed(Message message) +132

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) +128
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +146
   Sitecore.Web.UI.Sheer.BaseForm.HandleMessage(Message message) +784
   Sitecore.Shell.Framework.Commands.MessageCommand.Execute(CommandContext context) +608
   Sitecore.Web.UI.Sheer.ClientPage.SendMessage(Message message) +90
   Sitecore.Jobs.AsyncUI.SendMessageMessage.Execute() +29
   Sitecore.Jobs.AsyncUI.JobMonitor.HandleMessage(Message message) +229
   Sitecore.Shell.Framework.Commands.MessageCommand.DispatchMessage(Control control) +67
   Sitecore.Shell.Framework.Commands.MessageCommand.DispatchMessage(Control control) +157
   Sitecore.Shell.Framework.Commands.MessageCommand.Execute(CommandContext context) +636
   Sitecore.Web.UI.Sheer.ClientPage.Dispatch(String command) +192
   Sitecore.Web.UI.Sheer.ClientPage.RaiseEvent() +124
   Sitecore.Web.UI.Sheer.ClientPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +777
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +107
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +7675

please help me out, i am struct on this.

Provide me steps how to resolved this.

 

Thanks,

Suman Pandey

  • Hi,

    Have you just update to Sitecore 8.1? Can you provide the configuration file of the Sitecore.ContentSearch.config found in the App_Config\Include folder

    This issue is mainly due to corrupted config file in your Include folder. You can copy all the configuration files from another Sitecore 8.1 instance where the publishing is working and paste them in the Include Folder.

    Moreover, if you are using Mongo DB, please check the configuration and connection string and also, if it is running.

    Thanks

  • In reply to Hishaam Namooya:

    Thanks For Help!
    Its working for me.
  • In reply to suman pandey:

    Can you please mark the reply as answer if this has helped you in fixing your issue so that this may helps others on the community.

    Thanks
  • In reply to Hishaam Namooya:

    I just wanted to add one line here, if replacing app_config files doesn't work please replace your bin folder too.

    We are also having same issue and replacing app_config doesn't help, after replacing bin folder it started working.

    Thanks nice catch, I got bin replace idea by this post!!!
  • In reply to Hishaam Namooya:

    Brilliant, It was that Mongo wasn't running for me.
  • For me, this same exception was caused by invalid credentials for Coveo, our Search implementation.
    I had restored my dev env from prod, and forgot to reset the Coveo for Sitecore user+pwd.
  • In reply to Daniel Reedy:

    In my case the issue was that certain items were not published to one of the publication targets so the on publish end event failed due to not being able to find the items. Publishing the missing items before retrying the package install solved this. The logs are your friend for figuring this stuff out.