• Not Answered

Sitecore Solr Index Issues

Hi Friends,

I have installed Sitecore8.2 version and Solr 5.1 version and followed all the general practice which was required(mentioned in Sitecore Solr Setup blog). 

Now When I go and rebuild the sitecore_master_index it is getting rebuild and stored in "solr-5.1.0\server\solr\sitecore_master_index\data\index"

Here comes the first question it is right or this index needs to rebuild in "\Data\indexes\sitecore_master_index\" in website please help me on this.

Now when I go and add sitecore_web_index or any other then for that index rebuild option of Sitecore index manager gives me 0 units process and rebuild success.

above is the second question that  how we can make all index rebuilding workable.

below is the screen shot for the same and I have also provided the Sitecore.ContentSearch.Solr.Index.Web.config file below the snap.

Please help me I am new to integrate the Solr.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration xmlns:patch="www.sitecore.net/.../">
<sitecore>
<contentSearch>
<configuration type="Sitecore.ContentSearch.ContentSearchConfiguration, Sitecore.ContentSearch">
<indexes hint="list:AddIndex">
<index id="sitecore_web_index" type="Sitecore.ContentSearch.SolrProvider.SolrSearchIndex, Sitecore.ContentSearch.SolrProvider">
<param desc="name">$(id)</param>
<param desc="core">$(id)</param>
<param desc="propertyStore" ref="contentSearch/indexConfigurations/databasePropertyStore" param1="$(id)" />
<configuration ref="contentSearch/indexConfigurations/defaultSolrIndexConfiguration" />
<strategies hint="list:AddStrategy">
<strategy ref="contentSearch/indexConfigurations/indexUpdateStrategies/onPublishEndAsync" />
</strategies>
<locations hint="list:AddCrawler">
<crawler type="Sitecore.ContentSearch.SitecoreItemCrawler, Sitecore.ContentSearch">
<Database>web</Database>
<Root>/sitecore</Root>
</crawler>
</locations>
<enableItemLanguageFallback>false</enableItemLanguageFallback>
<enableFieldLanguageFallback>false</enableFieldLanguageFallback>
</index>
</indexes>
</configuration>
</contentSearch>
</sitecore>
</configuration>

1 Reply

• Hi Nikhil,

We're also encountered a similar issue to this. While we haven't been able to figure out what the root cause of the issue has been the "workaround" that we've implemented is to clear the event queues (anything older than 4 hours) and touch the web.config which essentially causes a sitecore client restart. We have this wired up to a button in the content editor.

This approach works consistently until we encounter the same issue again in which case we click the button again.

Digging into this a bit deeper we were observing issues with exceptions being thrown but weren't being logged into the crawling log or sitecore log. I'm inclined to potentially think it "might" have something to do with the SolrIndexStateSwitcher agent but I'm happy to be corrected here.

Let me know if you find a solution to this.

Regards,

Rangi