• Not Answered

Error rendering controller, elearning Essentials: An unhandled exception occurred.

Similar to this question on the community: https://community.sitecore.net/developers/f/8/t/9690 (but left unsolved) , I've ran into this problem multiple times. Sometimes it seems like it's fixing itself, only to reappear the next day. 

Currently this issue is occurring on the BreadcrumbController and the EventListController and I can't seem to get rid of it. I've scanned a lot of pages on the web, including a lot of questions in this community, I double checked my names and namespaces, references and everything, but no help troubleshooting so far.

Error in the preview of the website:

Error Rendering Controller: Breadcrumb. Action: Index: An unhandled exception occurred.

at Sitecore.Mvc.Pipelines.MvcEvents.Exception.ShowAspNetErrorMessage.ShowErrorMessage(ExceptionContext exceptionContext, ExceptionArgs args)
   at Sitecore.Mvc.Pipelines.MvcEvents.Exception.ShowAspNetErrorMessage.Process(ExceptionArgs args)
   at (Object , Object[] )
   at Sitecore.Pipelines.CorePipeline.Run(PipelineArgs args)
   at Sitecore.Pipelines.DefaultCorePipelineManager.Run(String pipelineName, PipelineArgs args, String pipelineDomain)
   at Sitecore.Mvc.Pipelines.PipelineService.RunPipeline[TArgs](String pipelineName, TArgs args)
   at Sitecore.Mvc.Filters.PipelineBasedRequestFilter.OnException(ExceptionContext exceptionContext)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeExceptionFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, Exception exception)
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
   at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
   at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
   at Sitecore.Mvc.Controllers.ControllerRunner.ExecuteController(Controller controller)
   at Sitecore.Mvc.Controllers.ControllerRunner.Execute()
   at Sitecore.Mvc.Presentation.ControllerRenderer.Render(TextWriter writer)
   at Sitecore.Mvc.Pipelines.Response.RenderRendering.ExecuteRenderer.Render(Renderer renderer, TextWriter writer, RenderRenderingArgs args)

Is there something I'm overlooking? Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies

• Hi

Please check with followings

See if the w3 process debugger in the controller action method is firing or not

Check the name and namespace of the project like events.tac.local.Controllers.BreadcrumbController, events.tac.(what is your project/controller assembly name ) , save and publish it and run your application

If these are not solved , then try to chamge the breadcrumb controller name like from Breadcrumb to MyBreadcrumb and test checking , see this is working or not .
  • In reply to DEBAL SAHA:

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I managed to fix the BreadcrumbController rendering as I found out it gave an ArgumentNulException.

I also found out through debugging that the EventsList wasn't rendering because of an InvalidOperationException, I realized there was a fault in my enumeration.