Sitecore 8 Experience Analytics Reports are Empty

Hi,

I'm running Sitecore 8 (rev. 150621) locally. When I check in Experience Profile dashboard there are Profiles created named "Anonymous" and I have created contacts using x DB Contact Creator I have some some records under these contacts also.Problem is when I check in Experience Analytics dashboard visits are empty.

I tried following post also, didn't get any result for the reports. 

Refreshing Executive Dashboard/ Experience Analytics reports 

Update:

I have data in TrafficOverview  but no data in ReportDataView  in SQL Analytics  DB and also have data in Contacts and Interactions in Mongo.

Thanks.

• I used this code in Layout, try:

var tracker = Tracker.Current;

try
    {
    if (tracker != null)
    {
    var manager = Factory.CreateObject("tracking/contactManager", true) as ContactManager;
    manager.FlushContactToXdb(tracker.Contact);
    manager.SaveAndReleaseContact(tracker.Contact);
    var ctxManager = Factory.CreateObject("tracking/sessionContextManager", true) as SessionContextManagerBase;
    ctxManager.Submit(tracker.Session);
    }
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
    Log.Error(e.Message, e, this);
    }

• Are you getting any errors in the log files?
    can you share your connectionstrings in connectionstring.config file
  • In reply to Chaturanga Ranatunga:

Thank you for the reply Chaturanga .
    I have data in TrafficOverview but no data in ReportDataView in SQL Analytics DB and also have data in Contacts and Interactions in Mongo. So I believe that there is nothing wrong with the Connection String. I get Data for Path Analyzer but not for Experience Analytic. I also tried rebuilding the xDB but no results. 

• Hi Eranga,

You can try the following:
    Open the reporting database using the SQL Management Studio and run the following query:
    SELECT * FROM [Segments]
    If the table is empty please perform the following:
    1) Comment the reporting.secondary connection string.
    2) Open the sitecore/admin/redeploymarketingdata.aspx page and click the Redeploy Segments button.
    3) Open the reporting database using SQL Management studio and run the following query:
    UPDATE [dbo].[Segments]
    SET
    [DeployDate] = '2001-08-05 08:44:45.500'

Segments are used while aggregating the data for the Experience Analytics application. If the interaction.SaveDateTime <= segment.DeployDate, the interaction won't be aggregated (That's why we need to change the deploy date manually).
    4) Uncomment the reporting.secondary connection string.
    5) Rebuild the reporting database.

Please let me know if the solution helps you.

Best regards
    Sergey

• Hi Eranga,

You can try the following:
    Open the reporting database using the SQL Management Studio and run the following query:
    SELECT * FROM [Segments]
    If the table is empty please perform the following:
    1) Comment the reporting.secondary connection string.
    2) Open the sitecore/admin/redeploymarketingdata.aspx page and click the Redeploy Segments button.
    3) Open the reporting database using SQL Management studio and run the following query:
    UPDATE [dbo].[Segments]
    SET
    [DeployDate] = '2001-08-05 08:44:45.500'

Segments are used while aggregating the data for the Experience Analytics application. If the interaction.SaveDateTime <= segment.DeployDate, the interaction won't be aggregated (That's why we need to change the deploy date manually).
    4) Uncomment the reporting.secondary connection string.
    5) Rebuild the reporting database.

Please let me know if the solution helps you.

Best regards
    Sergey
  • In reply to Sergey Plashenko:

Hi Sergey,

Thank you for the reply and it works.
    Surprisingly I did Redeploy Marketing Data from Control Panel earlier but it didn't work, any how it 's fine now.
    I have couple of instances non of them shows any Analytics Reports. Wondering if we need to do this for every new instance. I will be very grateful to you if you can advice me on what just really happened and why it did't work out of the box.

Thanks.
  • In reply to Eranga Fonseka:

Hi Eranga,

You need to perform the same actions for all reporting databases you have. In Sitecore 8.0 rev.150621 the Segments table is empty and you need to deploy marketing data after installing. You can find the information in the 5.7.1 section of the Installation Guide

Best regards

Sergey

Thanks, saved me a bunch of time

Hi Sergey,
    What if your Reports are empty in Experience Analytics, but your segments DB Table is not empty?
  • In reply to Jabare Mitchell:

Hi Jabare,

There are numerous reasons for that.
    You can try the following to troubleshoot it:
    1) Make sure that the data is present in the analytics database (Interactions collection).
    2) Check if there is any data in the DimensionKeys table (this table contains data, which is used by EA).
    3) Make sure that the EA controller does not return 500 response. Sometimes when exceptions happen for EA requests, they are not written to the log files, however can be found in the HTTP response body. You can use Fiddler to check that.
    4) You can also check the following article, which contains more data on this: kb.sitecore.net/.../977445

Best regards
    Sergey

I have performed above step but no luck to get data into ReportDataView.