How-to entirely disable Device detection component?

In a Sitecore solution we see the following Device detection related Warning from Experience Analytics:

WARN [Experience Analytics]: Device detection component is not ready. Device type will be aggregated as classification unavailable.

How can we turn off Device detection completely, in order to prevent the log being filled with these warnings? Or is this warning pointing to another issue that should be resolved?
We are and will not use Sitecore's Device Detection service.

Thanks for any hints!

• Quoted from - doc.sitecore.net/.../configure_sitecore_device_detection

(Optional) Disable Device Detection
    The Device Detection module is enabled by default. However, if you want to prevent the Device Detection client from contacting the Device Detection service every 10 minutes (which is the default setting), then you can disable the module. There are two ways to disable it,

In the sitecore/Settings folder, set DeviceDetection.Enabled to false. <setting name="DeviceDetection.Enabled" value="false" /> The default setting is "true".
    Add the .disabled extension to the Sitecore.CES.DeviceDetection.config file in the (App_Config/Include/CES/) folder, for example, Sitecore.CES.DeviceDetection.config.disabled
  • In reply to chaturanga ranatunga:

Hi, I tried both these options and can see in my config that it says is disabled. yet still seeing these warnings in my logs. Any idea why? These are filling up my cms logs.