Have spent couple of hours today and in past days to troubleshoot analytics issue on Production server. Following are all possible test cases carried out to investigate the issue, unfortunately all cases were passed and couldn’t find the root cause.
Client is using 9.0 update 2. (One CD and One CM on Production).
- Check logs for errors related to analytics
Result: No related error was found related to analytics.
2. Check certificate installation or Thumbprint are missing/incorrect.
Result: Certificates and thumbprints were correct and properly configured.
3. Untrusted certificates in ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities’
Result: NO untrusted certificates was found in the trusted root authorities, hence this was not our case as well.
4. SQL Script Execution as Post Installation Step
Result: Verified at database level, the collectionuser had all the permissions
5. Invalid SSL Certificate on IIS Level
Result: Valid SSL certificate is installed and assigned on all the IIS Instances.
6. SSL Setting in IIS accepts the Client Certificates
Result: It was already selected as ACCEPT.
7. Application doesn’t have access to the certificate
Result: All required access was provided to the certificates.
8. Verify configuration files/settings related to analytics
Result: tracking is enable and setting are fine.
9. Check Solr is up and running, restart solr as recommended
Result: Was verified and even restart didn’t help.
10. Rebuild Solr indexes as recommended by Sitecore
Result: Solr was rebuild successfully, but didn’t fix the issue.
11. Validate if analytics data is being updated in Database
Result: Data is being stored as expected.
12. Rebuilding indexes, database links and deploy marketing definition
Result: rebuild successfully, but didn’t resolve the issue.
13. Restart xconnent and site in IIS and recycle AppPool
Result: restarted successfully, but didn’t resolve the issue.
Can any one help, what could be the issue? This is urgent, and will appreciate the help.