• Not Answered

An Error occured while synchronizing xconnect contacts to salesforce

I am using Sitecore XP 9.3 to synchronize contacts data from Sitecore to salesforce and vice versa. For this, I installed the Sitecore Data Exchange framework 4.0 package and Sitecore connect for Salesforce CRM 4.0 . After did a set up , I ran the pipeline batch xconnect contacts to salesforce sync , it throws the below error.

ERROR [Data Exchange] Record was not saved:INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE

ERROR [Data Exchange] Record was not saved:Event: bad field names on insert/update call: SitecoreId__c

While I ran the Pipeline batch Salesforce contacts to Xconnect sync, It's working fine.

I referred the below blog for do this.

varunvns.wordpress.com/.../

varunvns.wordpress.com/.../

Thanks

1 Reply

• For the above issue, I raised the ticket in Sitecore support portal. Here is the response of the above issue from sitecore support portal. It works fine for me.

Please ensure that you had created "Sitecore Id" field in your Salesforce as it describes in chapter 1.5. "Add a custom field in Salesforce (optional)" of the installation guide? sitecoredev.azureedge.net/.../630DFC39E8F34EB1965624783D1701F9.ashx

Also please ensure that the salesforce user which is used for Sitecore connection has permissions to create and edit contacts and all contacts fields. As far as I see, such an error can also occur when the user hasn't rights to edit the field.

Please check that salesforce user has appropriate rights to edit Sitecore Id field - developer.salesforce.com/.../users_profiles_field_perms.htm