ERROR Cannot start analytics Tracker

Hello,

I'm using Sitecore 8 with DMS, and when I want to use Analytics Tracker, I obtain the following error.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

ERROR Cannot start analytics Tracker

Exception: System.ArgumentNullException
Parameter name: address
Source: System
   at System.Net.IPAddress..ctor(Byte[] address)
   at Sitecore.Analytics.Tracking.CurrentVisitContext.UpdateGeoIpData(TimeSpan timeout)
   at Sitecore.Analytics.Tracking.CurrentVisitContext.UpdateGeoIpData()
   at (Object , Object[] )
   at Sitecore.Pipelines.CorePipeline.Run(PipelineArgs args)
   at Sitecore.Analytics.Tracking.StandardSession.CreateInteraction(HttpContextBase httpContext)
   at Sitecore.Analytics.Pipelines.InitializeTracker.CreateVisit.Process(InitializeTrackerArgs args)
   at (Object , Object[] )
   at (Object , Object[] )
   at Sitecore.Analytics.DefaultTracker.StartTracking()

• Are you testing without an HTTP context/request?
  • Hi Lucas Carballo,

We faced same error while Sitecore 7.5 Update 2 Upgrade from Sitecore 7.2 Initial. Upon investigation we found that it require below processor to be added in Sitecore.Analytics.Tracking.config in createVisit pipeline where it initializes the IP.

<processor type="Sitecore.Analytics.Pipelines.CreateVisits.InitializeWithRequestData, Sitecore.Analytics" />

Hence it would look like

<createVisit>
    <processor type="Sitecore.Analytics.Pipelines.CreateVisits.InitializeWithRequestData, Sitecore.Analytics" />
    <processor type="Sitecore.Analytics.Pipelines.CreateVisits.XForwardedFor, Sitecore.Analytics" />

Earlier it initializes the IP in StandardSession which is used for creating CurrentInteraction during Sitecore.Analytics.Pipelines.InitializeTracker.CreateVisit processor. I checked in Sitecore 8.0 Initial but this is not found so probably you are using its update version where initializing IP is done in above processor so place this processor as shown above and check.

HTH

• In reply to Sandeepkumar Gupta:

Hello,
    I have the exact same issue. Did you solve this, and how? I run SC8, and cannot find any pipelines that resembles the ones suggested by Lucas Carbello.

Best regards,
    Jens Hansen
  • In reply to Jens Hansen:

Hi again,
    Sorry, I found the config file. It seems like the solution provided above works :) Thanks!
  • In reply to Sandeepkumar Gupta:

we are facing the same issue.
    will try this. Thanks :-)