Sitecore EXM Dashboard is empty even though there are contacts in xDB

Hello,

I am using Sitecore.NET 8.1 (rev. 160519) with Email Experience Manager 3.3.0 rev. 160527.

The EXM is running perfectly fine. I am able to triggered default and custom messages.

However, I can not see any data on EXM dashboard. Mainly I am looking for bounced emails count.

Please let me know what is missing and what configuration I need to look upon.

Thanks,
Sanket

3 Replies

• Have anyone experience this issue?
  • This is an indication that xDB, or more importantly, the Reporting service is not working correctly or not configured properly. Additionally, This screen relies on the fact that Processing is working. Most likely there is a problem with xDB. I would review the Sitecore log and EXM log files for clues.

Additionally, in EXM 3.3, there are specific roles for Processing and Reporting for EXM that need to be deployed if running in a scaled-out topology.

Would need to see logs and error messages to be able to provide more help.

Unsolicited: I would work on a plan to upgrade or even start over with Sitecore 9.0.2 or 9.1 as soon as possible. As EXM in 3.3 is incredibly buggy.

• In reply to Pete Navarra:

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your answer. I did rebuild of reporting database and EXM dashboard is showing some data now.

But we are actually looking for EXM Bounce email count which is not updating though we are getting bounce email for invalid email address.

Can you please let me know which configuration I need to check to get bounce email count? 

Please find attached EXM log file.

Thanks,
    Sanket

7248 05:37:34 INFO  Distributed session {A69FD36F-751F-454F-8F2C-FE526682C590} is beginning.
    8280 05:38:05 INFO  **********************************************************************
    8280 05:38:05 INFO  **********************************************************************
    8280 05:38:05 INFO  Email Experience Manager
    8280 05:38:05 INFO  
    8280 05:38:05 INFO  EXM Roles: Analytics Processing, Primary Content Management, Reporting, SPEAK User Interface
    8280 05:38:05 INFO  Number of threads for sending: 1
    8280 05:38:05 INFO  Maximum number of generation threads: 16
    1088 13:08:20 ERROR Exception: System.Net.WebException
    Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    Source: System
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Sitecore.Modules.EmailCampaign.Core.WebContent.DownloadString(String url, Boolean useIisCredentials, String userAgent)

1088 13:08:20 ERROR Failed to get subject for {5B5F24A7-378C-4790-B60F-1D8637DB17A1}
    Exception: Sitecore.Modules.EmailCampaign.Exceptions.NonCriticalException
    Source: Sitecore.EmailCampaign
       at Sitecore.Modules.EmailCampaign.Core.WebContent.DownloadString(String url, Boolean useIisCredentials, String userAgent)
       at Sitecore.Modules.EmailCampaign.Messages.WebPageMail.GetMessageBody(Boolean preview)
       at Sitecore.Modules.EmailCampaign.Core.MessageStateInfo.GetSubject()

1088 13:08:21 ERROR Exception: System.Net.WebException

1088 13:08:21 ERROR Failed to get subject for {64502825-C794-4967-B459-3DBDF637ED6F}
       at Sitecore.Modules.EmailCampaign.Messages.WebPageMail.GetMessageBody(Boolean preview)

2488 13:36:42 ERROR Exception: System.Net.WebException

2488 13:36:42 ERROR Failed to get subject for {5B5F24A7-378C-4790-B60F-1D8637DB17A1}

2488 13:36:42 ERROR Exception: System.Net.WebException

2488 13:36:42 ERROR Failed to get subject for {64502825-C794-4967-B459-3DBDF637ED6F}

4032 13:52:03 ERROR Exception: System.Net.WebException

4032 13:52:03 ERROR Failed to get subject for {5B5F24A7-378C-4790-B60F-1D8637DB17A1}

4032 13:52:04 ERROR Exception: System.Net.WebException

4032 13:52:04 ERROR Failed to get subject for {64502825-C794-4967-B459-3DBDF637ED6F}