Important update for upcoming SUGCON Europe event

Every year, we look forward to connecting with our community during the Sitecore User Group Conferences (SUGCON). The SUGCON events are becoming a community tradition, gathering individuals with a passion for Sitecore. SUGCON is the event where individuals share best practices, lessons learned, and experiences based on the Sitecore Experience Cloud. Speakers from all over come to provide practical and inspiring knowledge that attendees can instantly use.

As you can imagine given current events around the globe, we’ve been closely monitoring travel restrictions and government advisories. Given the growing concerns around the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19, out of an abundance of caution we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel both SUGCON Europe in Budapest on 26-27 March and SUGCON India in Bangalore on 7-8 May.

This was not an easy decision. SUGCON is not only an important event for Sitecore, but it’s also a great chance for our close community to meet in-person. But more than anything, we have to prioritize the health and safety of our community.

I want to thank the SUGCON committees that work so hard to make SUGCON events successful year after year.
I also want to thank all of the speakers. I know how much work it takes to prepare for a session. We will make sure that you’ll be able to share your knowledge in other ways.

In place of the in-person SUGCON, we’re planning on hosting virtual events for our community. We’ll share additional details on our plans in the coming weeks. Please follow @SUGCONF on Twitter or join the SUGCON channel on Slack for updates.

If you are a sponsor or have a ticket, we will be in contact with you soon about refunds.

We sincerely hope you understand the decision we have made and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We look forward to connecting in-person with our Sitecore community at the next SUGCON. In the meanwhile, please consider registering for Sitecore Virtual Developer Day 2020, scheduled for 18 March, 2020.

Best regards,

Pieter Brinkman
Senior Director Technical Marketing
@pieterbrink123